My Blog List

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Onesie Dress

My friend Ann sent me a link to a onesie dress tutorial by Lila Tueller. What a great idea and perfect timing I might add. A co-worker had a baby girl a couple of weeks ago and this would be perfect. The directions are great and this was a breeze to make. Here's my version. Double click on the image for a better view.


You will have to use elastic thread in your bobbin for this project. For those of you that have never done this, don't worry. It's very easy. You must hand wind the elastic thread snugly. The reason you want to use this thread is to maintain some elastisity in the area where the skirt is attatched to the onsie. I used a size 6-9 months onesie. The fabric is Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey. This project is great for those fat quarters you have hanging around. I think this will become a "baby girl present" staple for me.

More photos to come on the new BOM. I started my new Block of the Month and finished the first block. The second is in progress. Jeez, these are a lot of work. The first block came with 5 templates! Till next time.
Elaine

No comments: