My Blog List

Monday, October 18, 2010

Requested Baby Presents

A woman I work with recently had her first great-grandchild. She asked if I would make something special. Her granddaughter had a little boy. Hmmm, no "boy stuff" in the stash so I started leafing through my magazines and books for ideas. I made a bib and matching burp cloth that I forgot to take a picture of and a cute hat and matching onesie. One thing I know for sure...onesie's are versatile. The hat is a cute little dog face. I wanted to put something on the onesie to make an outfit but couldn't think of anything. I did remember that I had a dog bone shaped cookie cutter so I decided to applique that on the front of the onesie.

The dog ears and bone are black. I hat heartburn over this initially but who says you can't use black on baby things? I think it looks fine.

Now, as promised, block 1 of my new Block of the Month club.


This block came with 5 templates. Are you kidding me? It was a lot of work and there was a mixture of machine and hand stitching. I'm pretty happy with it. Block 2 is in the house and I have started it. Lots of parallelograms. I better get going on it. Block 3 should be here any day.
Elaine

No comments: